“As buyers, we recognize that this data is an estimate posting or early glimpse of a publication’s circulation, not the final audit,” Robin Steinberg, senior vice president and director of print investment at MediaVest USA said in a statement. “This gives us the ability to ask the right questions of our partners. The timely availability of this information is vital as we compare print with the myriad of other media options in today’s changing marketplace.” When it launched in 2006, the Rapid Report system—which allows publishers to voluntarily report their top-line circulation data on an issue-by-issue basis within weeks of the on-sale date—was slow to get participation from major publishers, who were reluctant to share the data with rivals. The free service seemed to finally gain traction last fall when Time Inc. joined the program.Today, a growing number of major magazine publishers have joined that program. American Media Inc. and Meredith have been on board since the beginning. Others, including Bauer, Bonnier, Condé Nast, Hachette, Hearst, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and long-time Rapid Report holdout Wenner Media, have since signed on. The Audit Bureau of Circulations has established a set of initial posting guidelines in hopes of speeding up and regulating the process for consumer magazines to file their circulation figures with the Rapid Report program. ABC’s board approved the guidelines in a meeting last week.Until now, the filing process has been a bit haphazard with publishers filing their sales numbers “basically whenever they get around to it,” the ABC said in a recent interview with FOLIO:. The guidelines come as consumer publishers are facing increased pressure from some advertisers to deliver engagement numbers more frequently.According to the new guidelines, weekly magazine publishers will be required to post their initial per-issue projections no later than three weeks after the on-sale date. Monthly magazine publishers will need to file no later than seven weeks after going on sale.
Morris is currently riding high with another collab: Her smash with Zedd and Grey, “The Middle,” currently sits at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.In the meantime, you can catch Horan and Morris on tour together this summer — Morris is opening concert dates for Horan’s Flicker World Tour, which is scheduled to wrap in the U.S. on Sept. 23 in West Palm Beach, Fla.Catching Up On Music News Powered By The Recording Academy Just Got Easier. Have A Google Home Device? “Talk To GRAMMYs”Read more Niall Horan, Maren Morris: Watch “Seeing Blind” niall-horan-maren-morris-unplug-stripped-down-seeing-blind-video News Email Twitter Niall Horan, Maren Morris Unplug For Stripped-Down “Seeing Blind” Video Watch it unfold on the screen: Check out the duo’s countrified, acoustic-based performance video of their sweet collaborationTim McPhateGRAMMYs Jun 5, 2018 – 11:55 am As if Niall Horan and Maren Morris’ splendid studio rendition of “Seeing Blind” didn’t take us by enough surprise, the power duo has gone next level with the release of a down-home unplugged video performance that’s as sweet as pure sugar.Shot on location in an intimate studio in Nashville, Tenn., “Seeing Blind” surely benefits from a stripped-down countrified treatment. With a dapper cowboy hat, Horan sets the rhythmic tone with his strumming acoustic guitar figure, complemented by only sparse percussion. And when Morris and Horan harmonize, it’s a cloud nine combo akin to peanut butter and jelly.”Seeing Blind” is featured on Horan’s debut album, 2017’s Flicker, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. Interestingly, the teaming of Horan and Morris has the GRAMMY Awards to thank.”I had heard a lot about Maren and she was making a lot of noise clearly with her album,” Horan told GRAMMY.com last fall. “And I watched the [59th] GRAMMYs, she performs with Alicia Keys, she wins a GRAMMY. I’m like, ‘That is right up my street there.'” Facebook
In this file photo taken on 6 February 2018 US President Donald Trump attends a roundtable discussion on the MS-13 gang in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC. AFPPresident Donald Trump is refusing to declassify a high-profile memo written by Democratic lawmakers about the Russia probe.In a letter to the chair of the House Intelligence Committee Friday, White House counsel Don McGahn says the memo “contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.”The Democrats’ memo aimed to counter a Republican-drafted one the president declassified and released.However, portions of the memo “would create especially significant concerns for the national security and law enforcement interests,” McGahn wrote.FBI chief Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in a separate letter indicated that releasing this material would present concerns for the “protection of intelligence sources and methods, ongoing investigations and other similarly sensitive information.”House Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called Trump’s move to block the memo a “stunningly brazen attempt to cover up the truth about the Trump-Russia scandal from the American people.””The president’s decision to block the Democratic memo from release is part of a dangerous and desperate pattern of cover-up on the part of the president,” she said in a statement.”Clearly, the president has something to hide.”The previously released Republican text alleges anti-Trump bias in the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 US election that brought Trump to power.The Justice Department and the FBI had also warned against releasing the Republican memo, saying it could jeopardise US intelligence collection methods. Trump authorised its release anyway.Democrats on the intelligence committee complained the Republicans’ four-page memo cherry-picked facts and explained events out of context and was thus not accurate.They joined other Trump administration critics in calling the release of the Republican document an effort to undermine the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.In his letter, McGahn said Trump has instructed Justice Department officials to be available to help the intelligence committee revise the Democratic memo, if it so wishes, so as to “mitigate the risks.””The executive branch stands ready to review any subsequent draft of the February 5th memorandum for declassification at the earliest opportunity.”President Donald Trump is refusing to declassify a high-profile memo written by Democratic lawmakers about the Russia probe.In a letter to the chair of the House Intelligence Committee Friday, White House counsel Don McGahn says the memo “contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.”
Two people were arrested following a high speed pursuit on the M6 motorway through Staffordshire and Cheshire. At least six police cars and the police helicopter were involved in the chase, which is understood to have involved a stolen Audi. Police pursued the vehicle up the northbound carriageway from at least junction 14, near Stafford, before the pursuit came to an end between Junction 16 and junction 17 in Cheshire shortly after 5.30pm tonight (Sunday November 25). One man fled from the vehicle but was quickly traced by the helicopter – with traffic on the motorway held in both directions while police brought the chase to an end. During a pursuit there was a collision involving a member of the public, but no one was injured. A North West Motorway Police spokesman said: “Excellent work with Central Motorway Police Group. “Two detained from a stolen vehicle following pursuit on M6NB, one male decamped but detained with use of police helicopter. “Excellent work all round, small collision involving member of public but thankfully no injuries.” Highways England have now reopened the motorway in both direction, but some delays continue. A spokesman said: “M6 J16 – J17 northbound traffic have now been released following the Central and Staffordshire Police led incident. “Thank you for your patience. Delays of 30 minutes above usual journey times are being measured on the approach but expected to ease. Safe travels this evening.” Read MoreArrests made as police carry out day of action for Road Safety Week A number of eyewitnesses reported seeing the pursuit as it made its way up the motorway. One motorist said: “Just witnessed a massive police chase on the M6 and now there’s 7 police cars and helicopters.” Another said she had seen the ‘high speed’ chase on the M6 Northbound near junction 14 (Stafford). She added a red Audi was being chased by around six cars. Want to keep up to date with the latest traffic and travel news?Each day Stoke-on-Trent Live journalists bring you the latest news on the roads and railways across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire, South Cheshire and further afield to help keep you on the move. For the very latest updates on roads including the M6, A500, A50 and more, visit our dedicated traffic and travel news channel here. We also run a live news feed each weekday, which you can access on our website’s homepage from 7am to 9pm from Monday to Friday. And for more as-we-get-it updates on the roads across the region and beyond, join The Sentinel’s traffic and travel Facebook group here.18:26Delays of 30 minutesA Highways England spokesman said: M6 J16 – J17 northbound traffic have now been released following the Central and @StaffsPolice led incident. Thank you for your patience. Delays of 30 minutes above usual journey times are being measured on the approach but expected to ease. Safe travels this evening. “18:09Statement from policeA North West Motorway Police spokesman said:Excellent work with Central Motorway Police Group. Two detained from a stolen vehicle following pursuit on M6NB, one male decamped but detained with use of police helicopter. Excellent work all round, small collision involving member of public but thankfully no injuries .”18:07Collision involving member of public – but no injuriesNorth West Motorway Police say there was a collision involving a member of the public – but no one was injured 18:05Two arrestedNorth West Motorway Police are now reporting two people have been arrested.18:03Reports carriageway has reopenedEyewitnesses, and traffic data company Inrix, are reporting traffic has been released on the M6 Northbound.17:55The affected stretch of motorwayThe affected stretch of motorway (Image: Inrix)17:51Contacting police for commentWe are contacting Staffordshire Police for comment17:50Northbound remains blockedStationary traffic due to all traffic being temporarily held and police incident on M6 Northbound from J16 A500 (Stoke-On-Trent / Crewe) to J17 A534 Old Mill Road (Sandbach / Crewe).17:48Traffic released following police pursuitHighways England said: “J16 – J17 southbound traffic has been released. Northbound remains held following the police pursuit. Please remain patient we will have you moving as soon as possible and will keep you updated.”17:47What we know so farA number of eye witnesses reported a high speed chase on the northbound M6 in StaffordshireThe chase apparently involved a red Audi and six or seven police vehiclesOne eyewitness also reported the police helicopter at the sceneHighways England have got all traffic held in both directions between junctions 16 and 17 as a result of the pursuit17:45’High speed’ chaseA witness said she had seen the ‘high speed’ chase on the M6 Northbound near junction 14 (Stafford).She added a red Audi was being chased by around six cars.17:43One eye witness saidOne eyewitness said: “Just witnessed a massive police chase on the M6 and now there’s 7 police cars and helicopters.”17:42Police helicopter reportedOne eyewitness said they had seen the police helicopter17:41Witnesses reported car chaseA number of witnesses reported seeing a car being chased by police on the northbound carriageway through Staffordshire and Cheshire.