Burn Permits Required On The Kenai Peninsula

first_imgBurn permits are required year round if you live within the City of Kenai. You can stop by the Kenai fire station at 105 S. Willow St. to pick up your permit. Hans Rinke with the Division of Forestry Soldotna office says the guidelines detailed on burn permits should always be followed when burning outside: “Which require you to have water while you’re burning, have hand tools while you’re burning and be present on site while you’re burning.” You can visit the Alaska Division of Forestry‘s website to print a permit. Permits are also available through the Forestry offices in Soldotna or Homer The Division of Forestry burn permit program now covers all use of burn barrels. A general burn permit will be needed to use any type of burn barrel on state-protected lands in Alaska, in addition to open debris burning. In addition, the use of all burn barrels will now be prohibited during a burn suspension. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享As of April 1, burn permits are required for burn barrels or burning debris on the Kenai Peninsula.last_img