Alaska Senate Votes Down Full Dividend Proposal

first_imgSupporters of the revised bill said an existing dividend calculation should be followed, a position Gov. Mike Dunleavy has taken. The existing calculation hasn’t been followed in recent years amid a budget deficit. Gov. Mike Dunleavy on Monday called the proposed $1,600 dividend a nonstarter. He has said the historical dividend calculation should be followed and not changed without a vote of the people. The Senate proposal is for a $1,600 dividend, equal to last year’s reduced payout. Checks have been capped the last three years amid an ongoing budget deficit. Senate Finance Committee Co-chair Bert Stedman said he expected an amendment to be offered calling for a full payout, which estimates suggest would be around $3,000. The 10-8 vote came after a divided Senate adopted an amendment calling for a full payout, with checks to qualified residents estimated to be around $3,000. The initial bill proposed $1,600 checks. But critics said the existing formula is not sustainable and conflicts with a law calling for limited withdrawals from fund earnings for dividends and government costs___8:20 a.m.The state Senate is poised to debate legislation seeking to set the size of this year’s Alaska Permanent Fund dividend. Debate over the dividend paid to residents has snarled efforts to finalize a state budget with the start of the new fiscal year weeks away. The bill needed 11 votes to pass. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — The Latest on the Alaska Legislature (all times local):11:10 a.m.The Alaska Senate has rejected a full dividend payout from the state’s oil-wealth fund as part of the debate over this year’s check.last_img read more

Read More →

Bees seal loan deal for Foxes defender

first_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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Brentford have confirmed the loan signing of Leicester City’s England Under-21 international defender Liam Moore.Moore, who can play at right-back or in the centre of defence, will be at Griffin Park until 27 April.The 19-year-old will train with his new team-mates on Thursday and could make his Bees debut in this weekend’s match against Walsall.AdChoices广告See also:Bees bring in Bradley Wright-Phillipslast_img read more

Read More →

All-Ireland 3 Year Old Sport Horse Futurity Class at Ballina Agricultural Show 2015

first_img Tags: 8 July 2015, 19:45 The start list for the All-Ireland 3 Year Old Sport Horse Futurity Class at Ballina Agricultural Show 2015 is now available. CLICK HERE FOR START LIST.This class was one of the successful projects to receive funding from the Innovation Fund in 2015. Class details can be found below.INNOVATION FUNDEarlier this year the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Simon Coveney, announced an additional allocation of funds of €600,000 for Horse Sport Ireland for promotion and marketing activities. A portion of this funding was made available as prize money for new innovative classes/competitions at new or existing shows/events.Following public advertisements, applications for 68 projects were received, seeking prize money allocations of in excess of €730,000. Following an adjudication process, 11 projects were chosen for funding.CLASS DETAILS All-Ireland 3YO Sport Horse Futurity – Class Details All-Ireland 3 Year Old Sport Horse Futurity Class at Ballina Agricultural Show 2015 Home  »  Breeding News  »  All-Ireland 3 Year Old Sport Horse Futurity Class at Ballina Agricultural Show 2015 last_img read more

Read More →

Irish eventers compete in final leg of the Nations Cup Series

first_img 9 October 2019, 11:49 Irish eventers compete in final leg of the Nations Cup Series Team Ireland Equestrian’s eventers line out at Boekelo (NED) this week, for the final leg in the 2019 FEI Nations Cup Series. Action at the Dutch event kicks off on Thursday with the first of the dressage tests.On the showjumping circuit, Irish riders compete at Rabat (MOR), Vilamoura (POR), Tryon North Carolina (USA), Oliva Valencia (ESP), Opglabbeek (BEL) and Chevenez (SUI). In endurance, Ireland will be represented at Vic (ESP).All Irish international entries for this week’s shows are now available to view by clicking on the individual shows under ‘FEI Entries & Results’. Live links to results from this week’s shows are also available. Follow your Team Ireland Equestrian riders on the HSI website, Facebook (Team Ireland Equestrian) and Twitter (@TeamIRLEq). Home  »  Disciplines News  »  Eventing News  »  Irish eventers compete in final leg of the Nations Cup Series Tags:last_img read more

Read More →

Time running out for Wimbledon

first_imgLONDON, (Reuters) – This year’s Wimbledon Championships have so far survived the cull of the world’s most prestigious sporting events due to the coronavirus pandemic, but it seems only a matter of time before they are postponed or cancelled. With London in its first week of lockdown, All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) officials are weighing up their limited options.The ‘build’ for the June 29-July 12 championships is supposed to start in little over a month but it seems increasingly likely Wimbledon will be forced to miss a year for the first time since 1945.“The AELTC has been contingency planning since January, working closely with the UK government and public health authorities to follow their advice and understand the likely impact of COVID-19 and the government’s emergency measures on The Championships, and our thoughts are with all those affected by this crisis at this time,” the club said in a statement yesterday. “Based on the advice we have received from the public health authorities, the very short window available to us to stage The Championships due to the nature of our surface suggests that postponement is not without significant risk and difficulty,” it added.The AELTC said playing behind closed doors was not an option.The Australian Open, the year’s first Grand Slam, was completed before the coronavirus crisis exploded to virtually shut down world sport, including the men’s ATP Tour and women’s WTA Tour. The French Open last week made the decision to move the claycourt tournament to Sept. 20-Oct. 4 from its May start because of the outbreak.While the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics on Tuesday potentially opened a two-week slot in the calendar in July/August, it would appear unlikely Wimbledon would use it.Switching to a later time in the year is even less likely as Wimbledon has only two covered courts and elite outdoor grasscourt tennis is not feasible past late summer. Wimbledon said it is communicating closely with the LTA, and with the ATP, WTA, ITF and the other Grand Slams.But a cancellation looks increasingly likely.“The unprecedented challenge presented by the COVID-19 crisis continues to affect our way of life in ways that we could not have imagined,” AELTC chief executive Richard Lewis said. “Our thoughts are with all those affected in the UK and around the world. The single most important consideration is one of public health, and we are determined to act responsibly through the decisions we make.”last_img read more

Read More →

Drogba lost his football passion

first_imgIvory Coast and Chelsea striker Didier Drogba concedes he began this season with little passion for football.“This summer, I no longer had a head for football, I’d completely lost the fire” he told France Football magazine.“I felt completely extinguished. For the first time in my career, I’d lost the passion for football. I was lost.”Drogba, 30, also said he understood why the Premier League’s top scorer Nicolas Anelka was starting games ahead of him, leaving him to start on the bench.“For the moment, I can only keep quiet,” he added.“It is not because I have been here for more than four years that I have a right to make demands to be in the starting line-up. “At the moment, there’s a guy who is hot and racking up goals. I must wait my turn.”But Drogba suggested that Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari pair him with Anelka more often in attack.“I have always said that I was happy that Nicolas came to Chelsea but I still cannot understand why managers are afraid to put us together,” said Drogba.Source: BBClast_img read more

Read More →

Smelly cloaks and wrong theories: Kit Harington talks ‘Game of Thrones’ ending

first_imgScott Kowalchyk/CBS(NEW YORK) — With the first full-length trailer for the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones just released Tuesday, the timing was perfect for Game of Thrones star Kit Harington to drop by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert for a visit.  Just don’t ask him to spill the beans on how the story ends.Harington, who plays Jon Snow on the HBO series, said not only can he not give any clues, his own guesses were off base.“I had theories all along and all of them were wrong,” Harington said.  “And I’m quite glad I never told anyone my theories because they were all wrong.”Harington wouldn’t even share what some of those wrong theories were, saying he was worried about starting speculation that would quickly get out of hand.  That prompted Stephen Colbert to remark sarcastically, “You’re a great guest right now!”Though the first episode of Game of Thrones aired April 17, 2011, Harington’s involvement at this point has lasted a decade, from the time he auditioned and was cast.  He says he had no idea back then that he’d still be a part of it ten years on.“It’s extraordinary,” he marveled.  “It’s sort of after ten years of it, I’m still pinching myself and I still can’t quite grasp it.”Clearly there’s lots Harington will miss about Game of Thrones, but Jon Snow’s trademark fur cloak won’t be one of them.“It weighs a ton, it smells awful,” he revealed.  “I think they added weight to to it every year!”Game of Thrones returns for its final season April 14 on HBO.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Read More →

Change inevitable for the Proteas, but it’s not all bad

first_imgJP Duminy believes the Proteas are on the cusp of a full-blown transitional period after he became the latest veteran to announce his ODI retirement after this year’s World Cup.The left-hander joins Morne Morkel, AB de Villiers and Imran Tahir in moving on, though he’ll still be available in the T20 format like Tahir, ostensibly to target next year’s T20 World Cup.Duminy had already quit Test cricket in mid-2017.“The impact (of all the retirements) is difficult to assess,” he said ahead of Saturday’s fifth and final ODI against Sri Lanka at Newlands, where the home side is aiming for a series whitewash.“There will be a period of transition, no doubt. In fact, there might be quite a few of these phases left for South African cricket, but we’ll be stronger for it. We’ve seen that the game of cricket carries on.“No player is bigger than the game or bigger than the team. There can be a period where things will go very much up-and-down.”Yet the emergence of several rookies leaves Duminy confident that his decision isn’t going to suddenly see the national team going into a free-fall.“The health of local cricket is in a good place,” he said.“There are some good cricketers coming through. The stock is good. I’m excited to see what the future holds.”Having just recovered from a long-term shoulder injury, Duminy won’t have many opportunities to prepare for an expected trip to the World Cup, especially after missing out on an IPL gig.“I don’t know what the future holds in terms of the IPL, but it’s not even on my radar. What’s important now is that I perform for the Cobras in the (upcoming) domestic T20.”For more sport your way, download The Citizen’s app for iOS and Android.last_img read more

Read More →

Kings’ Cup 2019, India vs Thailand: Blue Tigers finish third after pipping War Elephants

first_imgAdvertisement 4xerzlbNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9mwozWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ezbn9d( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) tbrWould you ever consider trying this?😱bjdt2Can your students do this? 🌚5b6mRoller skating! Powered by Firework India ended their King’s Cup 2019 campaign with a victory over Thailand as they finished third in the tournament. Curacao, to whom India lost in their opening fixture, won the tournament after beating Vietnam in the finals later in the day.Advertisement Anirudh Thapa celebrates after scoring the goal for India alongside Balwant SinghHead coach Igor Stimac made three changes a total of eight changes to the side that started in the previous match as he wanted to give everyone an opportunity to prove themselves. Rahul Bheke, Sandesh Jhingan, and Subhasish Bose were the only three players to retain their position as Amrinder Singh, Adil Khan, Vinit Rai, Anirudh Thapa, Amarjit Singh, Raynier Fernandes, Farukh Chaudhary, and Balwant Singh found their way.India took the lead in the 16th minute when a wayward free-kick from Raynier and the subsequent poor clearance from Thailand players found the ball in Adil Khan’s feet. The FC Pune City defender delivered a low cross and Anirudh Thapa made no mistake in slotting the ball home.Advertisement Thailand upped their ante to get the equalizer but a resolute defense guarded by Sandesh Jhingan and Adil Khan stood in front of their way. The full-time scoreline read 1-0 in favor of India as they pick up crucial ranking points from Thailand.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →